Call For Papers on “Crafting international strategies”
Tools for Culture, in collaboration with Monti&Taft and Impact Hub Barcelona, launches the first international edition of the SAM – Strategic Arts Management Master Class that will be held on October 23rd and 24th, 2014 at Impact Hub Barcelona.
It will address the issues of international strategy and action of Creative and Cultural Industries providing participants with the needed views, skills and tools to plan and implement an effective strategy.
SAM – Strategic Arts Management Master Class and Tafter Journal invite abstract submissions which offer new and challenging research on culture between site-specific creativity and international markets.
The SAM’s Scientific Committee will select 1 candidate who will have the possibility to get 100% off of the SAM registration fee, and 2 candidates who will have the possibility to get 50% off of the SAM registration fee.
Please send the submission form to email@example.com no later than September 15th, 2014.
Suggested topics may include (but are not limited to) the following aspects:
– Creative industries between territorial roots and cosmopolitan branches
– The impact of creativity upon the local economic system
– Creativity and institutions: regulation, tax regime, public funding
– Asymmetrical alliances: shared strategies among culture, industry, and non-profits
– The role of communities: from participation to crowdsourcing
The call for papers is open to professionals of cultural and creative organizations; professionals involved in building and realizing a cultural project; cultural and creative entrepreneurs involved in internationalization processes; cultural managers and experts active in cultural project designing; students, graduates (from bachelors to PhDs) who aim at becoming experts in the field of cultural project management on the European dimension; scholars, researchers and academics.
All abstracts must be submitted in English. Abstracts should be based on any of the topics listed above.
Abstracts may not be longer than 3,500 characters including spaces. The minimum number of characters for an abstract to be reviewed is 900 including spaces.
Authors of accepted abstracts will be requested to submit full papers on or before the deadline of November 30th, 2014. All papers will be published in a regular issue of Tafter Journal, ISSN 1974-563X.
Each abstract will be evaluated by the SAM’s Scientific Committee in accordance with the following criteria:
– Relevance to the topics of the call for papers and the scope of the Strategic Arts Management Master Class
– Originality and potential impact
– Scientific/technical content and advances beyond the state-of-the-art
– Quality and clarity of the presentation
– Submission Opens: July 14th, 2014
– Closing date for abstract submission: September 15th, 2014 (submission deadline: midnight in each author’s time zone)
– Authors of selected abstract will be notified by e-mail from: September 30th, 2014
– Final Deadline for full Papers: November 30th, 2014 (submission deadline: midnight in each author’s time zone)
Download the SAM Barcelona Programme
Download the Call for Papers
For further information about the Call for Papers, please do not hesitate to send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
SAM – Strategic Arts Management Master Class bases its educational programme on action learning, conscious that it optimizes the comparison and sharing of real experiences as the construction of new scenarios.
Participate at Strategic Master Class means to be involved in a new concept of classroom: a knowledge and sharing space to facilitate and promote an innovative style of open and creative management where the growth of the intellectual capital is assured.
Discussion rather than lecture, exchange rather than disclosure of tricks, SAM master class founds its specificity upon the hybrid experience of its senior professionals, who are normally engaged in teaching as well as in project management, creative crafting of organizations, initiatives and cultural action.
SAM – Strategic Arts Management Master Class is a project of Tools for Culture.
For more information about the SAM Barcelona, please visit the official web page.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License